I Feel Really Bummed – What Can I Do?: Part 1

Brick Walls
September 6, 2019
“Hello boys, I’m Baaaaaaack!” (Russell (Randy Quaid) in “Independence Day”)
September 6, 2019

Here’s Something To Try When You Are Really Depressed, or Sad About
Something:

Here’s something that works for me when I get really down inside about things in my life that I want to throw my hands up and say, “I’ve had enough.” “I’m done.”

Depressed people don’t have to have “a reason” to feel depressed. All we need is to only wake up. Many people I know don’t get it. “What do you have to be depressed about?” , they ask. When I tell them they’ll say something like “Oh, that’s nothing to be depressed about. It’s not like you lost your leg, job, life, girlfriend, car…”  “Your life’s not over”, say some of them.

But, when you are depressed, it can certainly feel like it is. When I’m mindful (that usually doesn’t happen when I’m feeling depressed) I can say to myself, “No, that’s not true (although maybe it is for some).” “I haven’t lost (whatever, you fill in the blank) but, it sure feels like I have.” Do you ever feel like that – I mean totally bummed out, and there’s nobody you can talk to right at the moment who “gets” what you are feeling?

Here’s a tactic I use on myself when I’m so down that I feel like just giving up. I get my ass out of the house, if that’s where I am, I get into my car, I turn on my stereo, use my Bluetooth to hook up my iPhone, pick some of my favorite songs, start one up, start driving down the street, and I START SINGING WITH THE SONG. Sounds like bullshit doesn’t it?

Try it and see what happens! Whiskey, Tango Foxtrot, what do you have to lose?